The report aims to provide an update on the security situation in Afghanistan, which is relevant for international protection status determination (refugee status and subsidiary protection).
This report is an update of the EASO COI report Afghanistan Security Situation first published in January 2015, and updated in January 2016, November 2016, December 2017 and May 2018.
This report is not meant to be read as a whole. In the first part a general description is given on the security situation in Afghanistan including a geographical overview, which is then explained in greater detail in the second part, holding a regional description of geographic subdivisions (Kabul City and 34 provinces).
The following national asylum and migration departments are the co-drafters of this report:
- Austria, Federal Office for Immigration and Asylum, Country of Origin Information Department
- Belgium, Office of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless Persons, Cedoca (Centre for Documentation and Research)
- France, Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless persons (OFPRA), Information, Documentation and Research Division (DIDR)
The following national asylum and migration departments reviewed this report:
- Norway, Landinfo, Norwegian Country of Origin Information Centre
- Slovakia, Migration Office, Department of Documentation and Foreign Cooperation
The following external organisations reviewed parts of this report:
- ACCORD – Austrian Centre for Country of Origin and Asylum Research and Documentation
- ARC Foundation – Asylum Research Centre Foundation
The drafting process (including reviewing) for this report was finalised on 30 May 2019. Any event taking place after this period is not included in this report.
This report was written according to the EASO COI Report Methodology.
De algemene veiligheidssituatie in Afghanistan wordt grotendeels bepaald door een langdurig aanslepend intern gewapend conflict, waardoor zeer veel Afghanen intern ontheemd zijn of hun toevlucht genomen hebben in het buitenland. Voor de beoordeling van de nood aan internationale bescherming houdt de commissaris-generaal er rekening mee dat er tussen de regio’s van Afghanistan fundamentele verschillen bestaan in de veiligheidssituatie, de aard en de intensiteit van het geweld.